1. [1-7] State your names, aliases, et cetera and would you like a donut or milkshake?
Sara: My full name is Saharaleia, but don't call me that. I don't think I'd like either.
Contessa: Vhy am I saying my name? It's right zere. I suppose a milkshake vouldn't be too bad?
Victor: Um, V-victor Von Stollenheim the Second. I don't know what either of those things are.
Tyrian: I agree with Grandma Connie, my name is right there. I'm normally addressed as 'Your Majesty', but you don't need to bother with that. I think I know what those are... I'll try a donut?
Lucinda: My friends call me Cinders. I get called a bunch of other stuff too. ^-^; Um, I guess I'll take a milkshake?
Will: My full name is William, after the immortal bard. I'll take a donut.
Rosie: My full name is Rosalind. This is going to sound awful, but... can I have both? Earth food is pretty hard to get in the Otherworlds, and I miss it, even if this stuff is really bad for me.
2. [3 Victor] and [7 Rosie] decide to bungee jump, but [3 Victor]'s cord snaps. What does [7 Rosie] do?
(How did you get them to do this?!)
Victor: -transforms into bat in mid air- I'm never ever doing this again o.o
(Rosie wouldn't need to do anything, just as well because she wouldn't be able to...)
3. [4 Tyrian] decides to cook dinner. What do they make?
(It's funny I was just writing something yesterday about how he doesn't know a damn thing about cooking - he is a royal after all)
Tyrian: Boiled eggs are supposed to be simple to make, where did I go wrong? :T
Will: You're only supposed to boil them for like, four minutes... how long did you boil these?
Tyrian: About 30... I can't check them to see if they're done, so I thought if I left them a really long time they'd be done for certain ^-^;
4. [2 Contessa] and [6 Will] are at an arcade playing DDR. Who wins?
Will: Wow, once you got used to it, you were better than I expected.
Contessa: You still von though. But zat vas fun, let's do it again ^-^
(Will would win, having done this before, but you don't live for 400-odd years as a vampire and not learn fast)
5. [1 Sara] feels bored, so they go to a bar and get drunk, when all of a sudden a liopleurodon shows up. What kind of chaos ensues?
(Sara doesn't really do getting drunk, ESPECIALLY not alone.)
(Also I have no idea what kind of dinosaur that is, herbivore or whatever... er..since wikipedia says it's pretty darn big and carniverous...)
Sara: Well, I'm guessing this thing fell through an Otherworld door... at least Earth has one less monster to deal with...
(it would probably be very shortly a dead liopleurodon.. Sara wouldn't go letting giant beasts roam around trashing some bar...)
6. [5 Lucinda] decides to get a perm. Where do they go to show off their amazing, gigantic afro?
Lucinda: I'm not so sure this was a good idea.
Sara: Your hair looks shorter now, it'll probably help with your prince outfit.
Lucinda: I'm not sure I want it to...
7. [1 Sara] does make-up on [7 Rosie] while they sleep. 's reaction when they wake up and look in a mirror:
(This just.. wouldn't happen....)
8. [4 Tyrian] is hit by cupid's stupid arrows of lurve (temporarily, of course), and falls for [3 Victor]. What happens?
Victor: Um... Uncle Tyrian... Why do you keep looking at me weird?
Tyrian: I think I may have cracked, I'm going to go and see a doctor...
(you never said how strong the arrows were, and seriously... just no.)
9. [2 Contessa] and [6 Will] are stuck in a haunted house, with spirits trying to snatch their bodies. What do they do to get out - or do they get out at all? Dun dun duunnnn...
(Uh, this has like... happened. Almost. Twice even. Contessa LIVES in a haunted house. - ghosts are a thing in the Otherworlds, only I had to cut that bit out in book 1 to save on word count, also it ended up a bit pointless, thus, the scene in book 2 is going to have to go because it will be SO random.. and it's probably also a bit pointless.)
Contessa; ¬¬ And vhat is zis nonsense? -casts spirit barrier spell-
Will: Phew. Thanks.
Contessa; Really, I don't know vhat got into zem, but they vill just have to haunt somevhere else from now on. I can't believe zey vould bother my guests >(
10. [7 Rosie] is a victim of a crime, and the accused is [4 Tyrian]. What is the crime and what is the verdict?
(I can think of all manner of stuff Tyr might get accused of, but Rosie accusing him of it? He annoys her, but it's just a personality clash, and she knows it. I don't think she'd ever accuse him of anything that could be called a crime.)
11. [5 Lucinda] and [1 Sara] enter into a talent show. Do they enter together or separately? And what is their talent?
Sara: ...Cinders. how did you talk me into this again?
Lucinda: I have no idea. I don't know what I was thinking. Let's just forfeit.
(their talents do not match up at all, I don't even...)
12. [2 Contessa]'s favorite song. If they don't have a favorite song, what genre do they typically listen to?
I guess she likes classical type orchestra stuff, since they don't have pop music or anything in the Otherworlds.
13. [6 Will] and [3 Victor] fight zombie pirate ninjas with Will Smith. What happens? Is it awesome? Or is it awesome?
Will: -trying to stay the hell out of the way- For once I can see why my mother moved to Earth!
Victor: -probably fighting as a wolf or some junk, his magic isn't that great but he could manage if he had help-
(it's probably reasonably awesome, but Will has like.. almost 0 combat skills)
14. [7 Rosie] and [5 Lucinda] go adventuring and discover some valuable once-lost treasure. How do they split it? Or if they don't decide to share - who gets it and how do they get it?
(I must say it largely depends on what the treasure is)
Lucinda: Do the Otherworlds have museums and things? Seems kind of mean to keep this thing to ourselves.
Rosie: Plus it's probably a bad idea. You just KNOW a bunch of things are gonna come out of the woodwork and try to take it. ..I think they do have museums. Let's go with that.
Lucinda: Or we could just leave it where it is.
Rosie: That would also work.
(it depends here what kind of 'treasure' you mean... if it's some kind of artefact, they would try to give it to a museum or back to the original owner or descendants, if it's just a hoard of coins and things, they would take some, but...there are things in the Otherworlds you just don't do, and trying to hang on to ancient artefacts is one of them. ..Unless of course you wouldn't mind a slew of treasure hunters, dealers and general bad guys coming after you for it, anyway)
15. [1 Sara] grows to the size of a skyscraper. [4 Tyrian] shrinks to the size of a marble. What do each of them do with their new size?
Sara: ...well this is incovenient. How am I supposed to get into my office? Cinders, go and tell Rosalind what happened and have her fix up an antidote, would you?
Tyrian: ... Much as this is interesting, I'll probably get killed in short order if I don't fix this. -sets about fixing it-
16. [2 Contessa] now rules the world (whatever world they are from). What do they do with their newfound power?
Contessa: ..if I vanted to rule zer vorld, you think I couldn't do it in 473 years? >( Besides, if I did... I vouldn't be ruler for long. Knowing zis is vhy I have got to be 473 years old....
(Hey, remember that 'stuff you shouldn't do in the Otherworlds' list I was talking about? Yeah. That.)
17. [3 Victor], [4 Tyrian], and [7 Rosie] catch [6 Will] running around naked in the rain. Reactions?
Victor: I did not need to see that.
Tyrian: I did
Rosie: Will, are you okay..?
All three of them would survive because Contessa can use teleportation magic.
(Hell, Tyr would probably join in... fairies have zero nudity issues.)
18. [2 Contessa ], [1 Sara], and [5 Lucinda] face a zombie apocolypse. They have little resources left and need to get to a safehouse far away. Who survives all the way to the safe house and how?
19. [6 Will] and [1 Sara] are zapped by the gender-bender. LOL. Making memes is fun.
Sara: ... I'm just going to carry on as normal... I'm sure it'll wear of eventually... or I can ask Rosalind for a cure.
Will: Oh great. Well, worse things could happen...
20. TAG PEOPLE.
Well that was fun.
Thanks for reading~
Birmingham MCM Comic Con - 22nd-23rd March
London MCM Comic Con - 23rd-25th May
Wigan Comic Con - 22nd June
MancsterCon - 8th - 10th August
""Get a job" her parents had said. "Earn you some extra cash" they'd said, "Teach you some responsibility" they'd said. Lucinda, who was currently staring down a dragon, dressed as a man, on only her first day, thought that this was probably not what they had in mind."
~ from Miss Prince
"Ambrosia. The Drink of the Gods. Thick, syrupy and vanilla flavoured, for some reason. It also contains enough calories to kill a mortal on the spot, so it's just as well that mortals are no longer mortals by the time they finish drinking it. Like Seralina, for example. She hadn't really meant to become a god. She hadn't taken the warning 'This will make of ye a god' seriously. It was her general policy not to trust any claim beyond 'It tastes all right, really'. She certainly didn't trust anything that sounded made-up or used words like 'dynamic'. Going round trusting words like 'dynamic' could get you into trouble. As it turned out, so could ignoring warning labels."
~ from Eggs, Butter, Sugar and Disaster
You can download a sample chapter of my book here: tannbourne.com
Buy it on Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk/Butter-Sugar-…